28 - 29 November 2018, Kuala Lumpur
Since it was first defined in 2001, Big Data has made major advances into consumer lives and medium-to-large organisations.
According to IDG, a global market intelligence leader, “From 2005 to 2020, the digital universe will grow by a factor of 300 to 40 trillion gigabytes”, approximately the same as 625 Billion iPhone units.
At the Masterclass delegates will study How Big Data can help their organisations, review real-life success stories, learn about Big Data sources and major technologies, perform exercises using Big Data, start using Artificial Intelligence and prepare a business case for a Big Data project.
Major Benefits of Attending
After completing this Masterclass, you will:
- Appreciate the business rationale for using Big Data in Government and the Enterprise;
- Understand the types of Big Data sources and how to access them;
- Investigate four (4) modern Big Data technologies and be able to:
- Understand the application and functionality of each;
- Evaluate the benefits and weaknesses of each;
- Apply a step-by-step selection methodology.
- Design and run different types of Big Data and Artificial Intelligence analyses, including:
- How-to create meaningful visualisations with high impact;
- Understand what is Artificial Intelligence (AI) and how to use it;
- Apply AI to a specific task, such as estimating real estate prices.
- Create a business case blueprint for Big Data projects and understand success factors and potential roadblocks;
- Take away a fully functional Big Data environment, with four (4) Big Data technologies, Artificial Intelligence tools and datasets used for analysis;
- Receive full workshop slides and exercise instructions.
What you will take away
- A step-by-step methodology for establishing and running a Big Data project
- A step-by-step methodology for applying Machine Learning to real-life business processes
- A comparison methodology for Big Data solutions
- A fully configured and functional Big Data environment with a 12-month license ($1,500 value)
- Complete masterclass slides and exercise instructions
This Masterclass is suitable for the following professionals:
You Will Learn:
- The business drive for Big Data, including analysis of three (3) real-life case studies
- Overview, characteristics and types of Big Data
- Identifying and accessing Big Data sources
- Four (4) key Big Data technologies
- Functionality and applications
- Analysis of benefits and weaknesses
- Visualisation and Reporting
- Principles of making good visualisations
- Big Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence: definition, types and applications
- Key success factors in planning and implementing Big Data initiatives
- Big Data Strategic Goal - Providing Actionable Information (Group Discussion)
- Big Data Sources (includes practical work)
- Major Big Data Technologies
- Re-cap on Day 1 and overview of Day 2
- Big Data Visualisation and Reporting
- Big Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (includes practical work)
- Success Factors and Stumbling Blocks in Big Data Initiatives
- Group Workshop: Implementing a Big Data Initiative
- Re-cap on Day 2 - Comments, Feedback
Mario has worked in the area of Data Analytics and Business Improvement since 1994. He is also a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and a Lecturer in Accounting Information Systems; IS Control and Governance; Enterprise Resource Planning; Systems Analysis and Design.
Over the last 12 years, Mario Bojilov has taught 1,500+ university students and 350+ professionals in the areas of Finance, Digital Technologies, Risk and Audit. He has delivered industry training courses and presentations in Australia, UAE, Singapore, Malaysia and Philippines.
Mario founded Meta Business Systems in 2004 of which he is the current Chief Executive Officer. The company is focused on business improvement, performance monitoring and data governance. A number of Government and Higher Education organisations have used solutions designed and implemented by Meta Business Systems.
Projects managed and delivered by Mario Bojilov and his team covered a variety of key business processes, such as Payroll, Finance, Procurement, Revenue Management, Treasury, HR and others. Examples of projects include, Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence (12 processes/95 reports), Financial Statements production ($800+ revenue), Payroll monitoring (12,000 employees), Revenue verification, Fraud Detection, etc.
Mario Bojilov holds a Master of Engineering Science Degree from the University of Queensland, a Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance and Investment from the Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA) and is currently a PhD Candidate with research topic in the area of Using Artificial Intelligence for Cybercrime Detection.
Mario Bojilov has co-authored the following academic articles: Privacy and Big Data and Continuous Auditing and Continuous Monitoring in ERP Environments: Case Studies of Application Implementations. He is also a contributor to Medium - https://medium.com/@Mario.Bojilov and hosts a channel - https://goo.gl/ujS8ky on YouTube.
Group Discounts: 2 delegates - 10% off the total, 3 delegates - 20% off the total, register 4 delegates and receive 5th registration free. Please send an email with details to email@example.com and we will send you an invoice.
Pay by Invoice: Please send an email with details to firstname.lastname@example.org.