Big Data Analytics for Government and Large Enterprises (in association with IIA UAE) – Dubai
25 March @ 08:00 - 26 March @ 17:00
Since it was first defined in 2001, Big Data has made major advances into consumer lives and medium-to-large organisations. According to IDG, a global market intelligence leader, “From 2005 to 2020, the digital universe will grow by a factor of 300 to 40 trillion gigabytes”, approximately the same as 625 Billion iPhone units.
At the Masterclass delegates will study how Big Data can help their organisations, review several success stories, learn about Big Data sources and major technologies, perform exercises using Big Data for pattern matching and analyzing datasets and prepare a Plan for a Big Data proof-of-concept project.
Major Benefits of Attending
After completing this Masterclass, you will:
- Understand the business rationale for using Big Data in Government and the Enterprise;
- Appreciate types of Big Data sources within and outside the organisations and ways to access them;
- Know four (4) modern Big Data technologies and be able to:
- Understand the application and functionality of each;
- Evaluate the benefits and weaknesses of each;
- Receive a step-by-step selection methodology.
- Design and run different types of Big Data analyses and visualisations, including:
- How-to Build Artificial Intelligence (AI) models;
- Using AI for specific tasks, such as identifying customer preferences or fraud;
- Visualising the results of AI-based analyses.
- Plan easily for Big Data projects and understand well success factors and potential roadblocks;
- Take away a fully functional Big Data environment, with four (4) Big Data technologies, Artificial Intelligence tools and datasets used for analysis;
- Receive full workshop slides and exercise instructions.
What you will take away
- A step-by-step methodology for establishing and running a Big Data project
- A step-by-step methodology for applying Machine Learning to real-life business processes
- A comparison methodology for Big Data solutions
- A fully configured and functional Big Data environment with a 12-month license ($1,500 value)
- Professionally printed complete masterclass slides and exercise instructions
The course is very comprehensive, covering all the essentials you need to know when starting big data project. A must for starters.
Ahmad Shah Bin Ahmad Tajudin, Telekom Malaysia
This was an excellent workshop with practical exercises and hands on material. I appreciate the scientific approach to explain Big Data and its applications. I now feel I understand the whole picture of Big data and machine learning.
Montaser Mehyar, ProgressSoft Corporation, Jordan
… This course is for you, if you have been reading headlines about Big Data and want to turn it into something practical, you have the chance to use software and do exercises. And, Mario brings to this a bit of humour, technical expertise … and you’ll come away with various insights ….
Micheal Axelsen, University of Queensland